I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
B. Career Actions collects and uses your personal information in several ways depending on the purpose for which you are visiting the Website:
1. Employed Members of the Communities. If you are an employed member of the community and are using the Website to assist other members find employment opportunities, we ask for your name and e-mail address when you sign up for the services provided on the Website. You have the option of providing information regarding your title and profession. We will use this information to send you information regarding other members of the Website who are seeking employment opportunities and announcements. These communications may contain third party advertisements or marketing communications. We will not reveal your identity to other members of the Website, unless we receive your consent or unless you reveal your identity through any postings or disclosures that you make on the Website or otherwise. Further, we will not reveal your name to third parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
2. Leader of the Community’s Job Transition Program. If you are the leader of a community’s job transition program, we ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, community name, community address and community phone number. We use this information to personally communicate with you. In addition, we will use your name, community name and contact information in communications to members of the Website and for promotion purposes. ¬¬¬¬¬
3. Job Seekers If you are using the Website to search for employment opportunities, in order to access certain areas of the Website and become a user (“User”), you will be required to create a user account and provide certain personal information such as your name, your email address, your postal address, phone number, profession, username and password. We will use this information to send you job leads, announcements and information regarding other members of the Website who are seeking employment opportunities. These communications may contain third party advertisements or marketing communications. Once you become a User, you have the option of providing additional information about yourself, including, without limitation, your profile, resume, profession, title, industry and other professional information. Information that you provide beyond what is required to register as a User is entirely optional. You understand and agree that the purpose of this information is to promote you and will be public information.
5. Website Usage. Career Actions, or Career Actions authorized service providers, may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address and browser type) relating to your use of this Website. While we may collect or log this information, we generally do not identify you or match this information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose website technical problems, to facilitate your use of the Website, or to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout the Website.
6. Online Transactions. If we offer you the opportunity to purchase products or services online and you choose to purchase such products or services, including purchase of subscription services, you may be asked to share personal information in addition to the information provided to create a user account in order to complete a transaction. In addition, you may be asked for information needed to complete your order, contact you to confirm the order, and provide related customer service. This information is used, for example, to effect your transactions, to create and share aggregate reports about these transactions, and to perform credit fraud screening services for transactions between you and Career Actions and/or our authorized service providers.
7. Public and Shared Areas. Any information and other content (such as written works including profiles and resumes, pictures or videos) disclosed in public areas of the Website will become public information. While we use security measures to restrict access by search engines, we cannot control the use of information and other content disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, news groups, communication facilities and chat rooms, nor can we control information and other content disclosed through shared websites or pages. You should exercise caution when disclosing information and other content in public or shared areas. Please remember that any information or other content that is disclosed in these areas, including your name, becomes available to others and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
8. CAREER ACTIONS WILL TREAT ANY POSTINGS, FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. .
C. Certain Third Party Transactions. Career Actions may work with some authorized service providers to provide technical and customer support, shipping, credit card processing, product fulfillment or other services. Where practical, Career Actions will require these service providers to safeguard personal information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Career Actions, these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. Career Actions generally limits their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared. Career Actions may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information.
D. Mergers, Acquisitions and Bankruptcy. If Career Actions should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Career Actions should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, Career Actions may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is Career Actions’ practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions.
E. As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. Career Actions may be required to disclose your personal information if it: (i) believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property; or (iv) is necessary protect the interest of other users of our Website.
A. Career Actions does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, you should not attempt to register for the Website or send information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. If a child under 18 submits information through any part of the Website without verification of parental consent, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child or such consent has not been verified, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 18, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties. If you believe that Career Actions may have any information about a child under 18, please contact us at 296 Junipero Common, Fremont, CA 94536
A. To facilitate your use of the Website, we use "cookies." A cookie is a small amount of data that our servers transfer to your browser and that only our servers can read. When you arrive at the Website, the cookie file captures your unique session identifier number, and other session data, which are used in some of the website's features. If you do not wish to utilize cookies, you may disable or delete them from within your Internet browser application by accessing the security or privacy settings. You may be required to have cookies enabled to access certain portions of the Website.
A. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. Career Actions is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
B. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cashed or archived pages or if other users who you permitted to access your information have copied or stored your information.
C. If Career Actions learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. Career Actions may post a notice on our Website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Website. Career Actions may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at 296 Junipero Common, Fremont, CA 94536
V. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
A. This Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When you provide personal data to Career Actions or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the Website is operated in the United States.
VI. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CO-BRANDED WEBSITES
A. This Website may contain links to third-party websites, however, please be aware that Career Actions is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other websites, as they may differ from ours.
VII. CONTACT PREFERENCES
A. When you provide Career Actions with personal information, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing and we may send you marketing communications.
B. Generally, when we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications. To request that we remove your personally identifiable information from our database or to “opt-out” of any further e-mail or contact, return the email with “Opt-out” designated or send a written request to 296 Junipero Common, Fremont, CA 94536. Career Actions will make a good faith effort to comply with such written request within thirty days of receipt of the request.
VIII. CONTACTING CAREER ACTIONS
Postal Mail Address:
1573 Savory Drive, Brentwood, CA 94513
Effective Date: July 2, 2018