- We are a community of professionals focused on bringing "good" to work, specifically in the area of job transition (one of the top 10 stressors in modern life).
- Underpinning all our actions is our committment to step up and help other members, even those we do not know, network into companies for jobs.
- Our members are from all business disciplines and levels, and either work, or want to work, in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay area.
- Our goal is to enhance networking, since two-thirds of jobs are obtained this way.
- We rely on scientific research to define, and continually refine, the best job transition processes.
- The application of this research has been tested and refined by us over the past ten years in Silicon Valley.
- Our primary communication is to employees, not companies. Research shows most jobs are found this way.
- Most people do not have personal networks that are large enough - joining our community instantly expands one's network.
- Our Company Insiders have given people permission to contact them for information interviews.
- Demand for our service will remain strong. The reason is because job change is driven by today's short lasting jobs, not unemployment rates.
- Career Actions is a nonprofit. All of the income we have raised has been used to pay for out-of-pocket expenses.
- In the past ten years, we have helped 10,000 professionals find jobs in Silicon Valley and the broader Bay area.
- We serve people of all faiths and also those with no religious affilitations.
- Our business team have held senior executive positions as CEO, CTO, and CFO. The core team includes Al Hulvey, Jay Tang, and Morris Chubb.